Lower Body Lift Plastic SurgeryPosted on April 5, 2022
Lower Body Lift Plastic Surgery After Weight Loss
Sagging skin below the waistline may occur because of weight fluctuation, dramatic weight loss, and natural aging. Lower body lift procedures are meant to sculpt and tighten the back of thighs, buttocks, inner thighs, outer thighs, abdomen, and hips. Aesthetically displeasing loose skin which causes mobility restrictions is removed.
Lower body lift is appropriate for people that are near their ideal weight. The procedure may follow or precede an upper body lift procedure. Thousands of patients undergo lower body lift surgery successfully every year with satisfactory results.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides lower body lift surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding locations.
Advantages of a Lower Body Lift
- Your contour will be sculpted and loose skin removed so that the results of weight loss become apparent
- Patients experience improved self-confidence and self-esteem from looking better
- Overhanging skin will be removed to stop painful rashes, chafing, and infections
Performing a Lower Body Lift Procedure
Complete lower body lift plastic surgery procedure will treat abdomen, buttocks, waist, thighs, and hips in a single procedure. It is usually part of mommy makeover. The pattern and length of incisions will depend on the extent of excess skin removed and where the skin was located.
This is how a typical lower body lift cosmetic surgery procedure is performed:
- A circumferential incision is created by the surgeon, which extends all around the torso. This will allow the surgeon to remove an apron of excess fat and skin from below the incision. The surgeon will then tighten and reposition the tissues.
- The remaining skin in the thighs and buttocks will be pulled upwards next. Underlying tissues and skin will be tightened and suspended. You will either be positioned on your side or tummy during this.
- Once the sides and back have been addressed, the surgeon will position you on your back to treat the front side. There are two options to move forward from here. Both options will be discussed with you before the operation.
First option is to combine abdominal contouring with lower body lift. This is also known as an abdominoplasty or tummy tuck. The second option is to combine the procedure with an inner thigh lift. The second option is for people that don’t require or have already had an abdominoplasty.
- The incisions are closed over drains in multiple layers to control swelling and stretching. Underlying tissues have deep support sutures for forming newly shaped contours. Skin adhesives, tapes, or sutures are used for closing the skin incisions.
Appearance of Lower Body Lift Scars and Incisions
The incisions leave noticeable and permanent scarring around the lower trunk. The scar appears right above the pubic hair region and extends to the hip bones. The scar may gently curve upwards towards the buttock crease to meet the incision made on the other side.
Scar placement is generally determined by your clothing style to ensure it is easily hidden. Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for lower body lift surgery.
Contact Houston, Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak:
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.322.7265 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.
Serving Houston, TX, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Katy, Friendswood, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, River Oaks, Piney Point, Hunters Creek, Memorial Close In, Bunker Hill, Southside Place, Afton Oaks, Tanglewood, Crestwoods and all other surrounding Greater Houston, Texas communities and more.