Prior to finalizing a major cosmetic surgery procedure such as breast augmentation, the candidate should acquire a clear understanding of what the surgery involves, and its pros and cons, estimated recovery and results. She should preferably prepare a list of questions in advance, which she can carry to the surgeon’s office for her consultation.
A dedicated surgeon will encourage the patient to ask questions and clear all her doubts and concerns before going ahead with breast augmentation. They will answer the questions in a patient-friendly language and satisfy her concerns in the best possible way. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides breast augmentation to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding locations.
For a satisfactory breast augmentation consultation, it is important to have a relationship of trust and open communication between the surgeon and the patient. She should feel more confident about her decision after the consultation, and choose the surgeon if she feels comfortable and establishes a good rapport with them.
To help the patient develop reasonable expectations, the surgeon may present breast augmentation before and after pictures before her during the consultation. The patient may also go through reviews and testimonials of previous patients to gain insights about breast augmentation from the perspective of an actual patient.
List of Questions
The following questions may be included in the patient’s list of questions to ask during the pre-op consultation for breast augmentation plastic surgery:
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery?
- How many years of training and experience do you have in the field of cosmetic surgery?
- Do you have specific experience with breast augmentation surgery in the past, and what is your patient satisfaction rate?
- Do you think I make a suitable candidate for breast implants?
- Would you recommend general anesthesia or local anesthesia to perform my procedure?
- Which surgical venue would you suggest to perform the breast augmentation surgery?
- What will be the estimated duration of the surgery?
- Which type and size of breast implants would more appropriate in my case?
- What are risks and complications involved in breast augmentation surgery?
- How long do breast implants sustain on average, and can I replace them in future?
- Do you perform breast revision procedures in the event of an implant failure or if the patient wants to replace them?
- Is the recovery going to be painful, and how much downtime will be involved?
- Will I be able to breastfeed in the future?
- How visible would be the scars after the healing is completed?
- What will be estimated cost of breast augmentation surgery, including the pre- and post-surgical costs?
- How long will I be required to wear a surgical bra following the procedure?
- Is there any way to make the breast implant surgery less invasive?
- Do I require breast lift along with breast implants?
- How do I reach you in case of an emergency?
Judicious and cordial cosmetic surgeon Dr. Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and other communities across the landscape for breast augmentation.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.354.5145 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.