It is an important decision to undergo breast implant removal cosmetic surgery and one that the patient should arrive at only after careful consideration of all facets of the procedure as well as clarifying her concerns with the surgeon.
During the initial consultation, the patient will have an opportunity to ask the surgeon any questions that she may have.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides breast implant removal to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding communities.
List of Questions
The patient should ideally enlist any questions that she may have regarding the procedure or the surgeon’s credentials beforehand to ensure that no important information is missed out. The surgeon will offer the patient accurate and in-depth answers to her questions to enable her to make an enlightened decision.
- What number of years of training and experience do you have in the area of cosmetic surgeries?
- Have you undertaken breast surgeries previously?
- Is breast implant removal or replacement more appropriate for me?
- How much time will I need to devote before and after the procedure?
- How long will it take to undertake the entire removal procedure inside the operating room?
- Which surgical venue will the removal procedure be performed at?
- Am I a good candidate for breast implant removal?
- Are the outcomes that I am anticipating realistic?
- Can you show breast implant removal before and after images of previous patients?
- Where will the surgical scars appear?
- What type of anesthesia would you recommend for this surgery?
- What type of changes in my lifestyle habits and preparation will I need to undertake before the surgery?
- What will be the post-operative downtime? How many days of leave will I require from the workplace?
- What are the potential risks and complications associated with breast removal surgery?
- If the results of my procedure are not as per pre-determined criteria, what will be my options regarding revision surgery?
- What are the costs associated with breast implant removal plastic surgery, including pre and post-op expenses?
- Will your administrative staff be able to provide me guidance or assistance on insurance and financing alternatives?
- Can I view the testimonials of previous patients to learn more about their experience at your practice?
Question about the Technique
The patient should be clear on the surgeon’s recommendations for the breast implant removal technique. There are certain benefits and limitations related to various types of techniques. In case the patient is not sure whether to choose removal or replacement, she should talk to her cosmetic surgeon.
The patient should unhesitatingly ask questions about payment methods, costs, and financing alternatives pertaining to breast implant removal surgery. A plastic surgery procedure represents a personal journey for the patient. Therefore, she should feel completely satisfied and reassured after the surgeon answers her questions.
Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for breast implant removal.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.354.5145 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.