Are You A Good Candidate For Lower Body Lift Plastic Surgery?Posted on May 5, 2022
Lower Body Lift Plastic Surgery
Most people are left with stubborn fat deposits and sagging skin on various body parts after losing massive amounts of weight through exercise, bariatric surgery, or diet. This is particularly visible around the midsection and lower body. Fortunately, a cosmetic surgery procedure provides a highly effective solution for improving your appearance – lower body lift surgery.
Patients can choose a lower body lift procedure depending on the amount of surplus skin available. Ideal candidates generally have saggy or loose skin in the following areas:
- Lower back
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides lower body lift surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Candidacy for Lower Body Lift Surgery
You may want a lower body lift plastic surgery procedure to improve the appearance of your buttocks, hips, midsection, thighs and groin. The procedure allows for a smoother and trimmer look. However, the procedure is complex in nature which means you would need to meet certain criteria for being eligible. You are an ideal candidate for the procedure if you:
- Have lost 20 – 50% of your peak body weight
- Have drooping tissue, fat and skin around the buttocks, thighs, and abdomen (you may have to lose more weight to pursue the lower body lift if it is mostly fat).
- Are of stable weight because fluctuations can interfere with procedural results. The majority of cosmetic surgeons recommend waiting at least two years once their weight loss goals are achieved for pursuing surgery. This allows the skin enough time for accommodating the weight loss changes.
- Are in good general health and can successfully undergo general anesthesia. This will allow you to recover from the surgery well.
- Don’t plan on becoming pregnant since that could reverse the results of the body lift
- Are committed to a routine of excellent nutrition and exercise to help you heal properly and enjoy the benefits of the procedure. Protein-rich diet following the surgery is particularly important to fuel early recovery.
- Don’t drink excessive alcohol or smoke.
- Have reasonable expectations from the surgery procedure. Your surgeon will try and make the scars as subtle as possible, but they will be visible. Your skin may begin sagging again because of aging.
- Are in good psychological and mental health since the cosmetic surgery can have long and emotional consequences
You would need to get approval from your specialist if you lost weight following a bariatric surgery. The plastic surgeon may also collaborate with your nutritionist and general practitioner to keep you safe and healthy throughout the process.
Your plastic surgeon will conduct a physical examination and review your medical records for determining candidacy. They will consult you on desired results and needs.
Benefits of Lower Body Lift
You should choose a lower body lift surgery for the following advantages:
- Younger and trimmer appearance
- Ability to wear skinny jeans and tight dresses
- Complete multiple plastic surgery procedures at the same time
- Increased comfort and confidence
- Improved personal hygiene
Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for lower body lift surgery.
Contact Houston, Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak:
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.322.7265 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.
Serving Houston, TX, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Katy, Friendswood, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, River Oaks, Piney Point, Hunters Creek, Memorial Close In, Bunker Hill, Southside Place, Afton Oaks, Tanglewood, Crestwoods and all other surrounding Greater Houston, Texas communities and more.