What Should You Expect During A Consultation For A Lower Body Lift?Posted on May 5, 2022
Lower Body Lift
Lower body lift procedure is a highly involved and customizable procedure. The initial consultation with your treatment provider is an important step in the procedure. Pre-operative consultation gives you opportunity for asking pertinent questions, affirming candidacy, planning the treatment, discussing recovery, and determining the type of procedure options which can meet your goals.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides lower body lift surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding locations.
What Happens During Lower Body Lift Pre-operative Consultation
The initial consultation is when you and the surgeon will hold discussions for creating a surgical plan. Your surgeon may do the following during the appointment:
- Perform a thorough physical examination during which the surgeon will check all your vital signs, assess the condition of your fat, tissue, and skin, and run any required diagnostic testing. Your skin should have enough elasticity to recover well and should not hold too much fat.
- Take images of your body to serve as a baseline for the plastic surgery. This is also known as ‘before’ pictures. Few surgeons simulate surgical outcomes by using imaging programs.
- Based on your physical exam, the surgeon will explain whether you qualify or not for the lower body lift procedure. The surgeon will explain necessary steps to help you become eligible for the procedure if you are not an ideal candidate. For instance, you may be asked to quit smoking for a few weeks if your smoking is preventing you from becoming a suitable candidate for the procedure.
- Go over the desired expectations and results from the surgery. Your doctor will be clear about what the fat, tissue, and skin will appear like following the lower body lift procedure. They will also explain the complications and risks associated with the procedure and how they relate to your unique condition.
- Discuss types of procedures and surgical techniques that need to be performed for providing you with the desired aesthetic results. They will answer any questions that you may have about the surgical process.
- Inquire into your preferences and health requirements regarding anesthesia.
- You should consider speaking with the surgical nurse about preparing for the procedure once you have finished discussing surgical plans with the surgeon. You may consider speaking with the administrator about payment options as well.
Customizing Lower Body Lift Plan
Your cosmetic surgeon will develop a customized treatment plan after discussing your expectations and goals during the initial consultation. This is a comprehensive cosmetic surgery procedure that is targeted at removing excess fat, skin, and tissue from:
- Lower back
The type of lower body lift procedure you choose will depend greatly on the location of excess skin and your overall aesthetic goals. The surgeon will make use of the information provided during the initial consultation for personalizing the treatment plan for you.
It is better to clear all your concern and questions during the initial consultation instead of dealing with dissatisfaction or discomfort at a later stage. Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for lower body lift surgery.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.322.7265 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.
Serving Houston, TX, The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Katy, Friendswood, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, River Oaks, Piney Point, Hunters Creek, Memorial Close In, Bunker Hill, Southside Place, Afton Oaks, Tanglewood, Crestwoods and all other surrounding Greater Houston, Texas communities and more.