The accumulation of excess skin, fat cells, and cellulite on the thighs can make a person appear heavier, older, and less fit than they really are. A thigh lift surgery is an effective procedure to accomplish firmer, more attractive thighs.
In case of a cosmetic surgery procedure such as a thigh lift, only the patient should make the decision to proceed with the procedure. However, the patient should decide on going ahead with the procedure after careful consideration and clarifying all doubts and concerns that they may have.
Patients who have an understanding of the procedure will usually attain higher satisfaction levels with surgical outcomes. A dedicated surgeon will address any questions that the patient may have in a correct and detailed manner.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides thigh lift to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- Can you share details on your credentials and experience in the area of cosmetic surgery?
- Do you have exclusive experience in the area of body contouring? How satisfied have your previous patients been with the outcomes of this procedure?
- What surgical venue would you recommend for my thighplasty procedure?
- Do you have staff privileges or operating privileges at one of the local hospitals?
- In case of an emergency during or after the procedure, is your practice equipped to deal with it?
- If I am displeased with the results of the thigh lift, would you perform revision surgery?
Questions about Thigh Lift Surgery
- Is thighplasty a suitable procedure for me?
- What surgical technique and technology would you use for my thigh lift surgery?
- Will the procedure be performed using general anesthesia or local anesthesia?
- How long will it take to complete the plastic surgery procedure? Will I be able to return home on the day of the surgery itself?
- Do I need to undertake some preparation in advance of the procedure?
- Can I view a video of the procedure or see thighplasty before and after photos of previous patients?
Questions about Recovery
- Will thighplasty recovery be painful?
- How much downtime will I require after the surgery?
- Are there certain measures that I can take for a speedier and safer recovery?
- Are there any potential risks and complications associated with thighplasty that I should be aware of?
- When can I return to my workplace or resume normal activities, including exercise?
Questions about Costs
- What are the estimated costs of thigh lift plastic surgery?
- Does the cost estimate include pre and post-surgical expenses?
- Will there be a reduction in the costs if the procedure is performed at a surgical center instead of a hospital?
- Are there additional expenses associated with post-operative consultations?
- Can I get a rebate if I choose to receive more than one procedure simultaneously?
- Will your administrative staff be able to provide me with guidance on insurance and financing options?
If the patient does not clearly understand the surgeon’s answers, they should request them for further clarity prior to going ahead with the thigh lift surgery.
Additionally, the patient should also ask to see previous patient testimonials to understand from the experience of past patients who have received body contouring procedures from the plastic surgeon.
Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for thigh lift surgery.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.354.5145 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.