Brow Lift / Forehead Lift Surgery PreparationPosted on July 3, 2021
Brow Lift / Forehead Lift
You should get your brow lift surgery performed only by a skilled and experienced plastic surgeon. Depending on your needs and situations, you may have to undergo an endoscopic brow lift or traditional brow lift. The surgery will be preceded by advance preparation and detailed consultation.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides brow lift surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding locations.
You make a good candidate for a brow lift procedure if you have one of the following conditions:
- You have a sad expression because the outside of the eyebrows sag
- You look older or angry because the central portion hangs down
- Your eyes have frown lines in between
- Drooping tissues have obscured your upper eyelid making it difficult to put eye makeup
Brow lift may be an ideal surgical procedure if you gently lift your eyebrows with your fingers and notice that it eliminates most of the surplus skin in the upper eyelid. However, you should rely on a board certified plastic surgeon’s evaluation for determining whether you would benefit from a blepharoplasty, brow lift or both procedures.
Customizable Treatment Plans
Your surgeon will share information and recommendations with you based on your physical characteristics and goals. These are a few things they will discuss with you depending on their experience and training:
- Anticipated outcome from the procedure
- Surgical approach
- Type and combination of procedure
- Options for surgical and anesthesia location
- Associated complications and risks
- Financial investment in the procedure
- Preparation requirements for the procedure
- Expected outcome from the surgery
- Before and after images of the surgery
The surgeon will also make sure to address any concerns you may have regarding the plastic surgery procedure.
You will be given a set of pre-operative instructions before you go in for your brow lift procedure. This includes:
- Not smoking for at least four weeks before the surgery
- Not taking certain vitamins, herbs, and medications for at least two weeks before the surgery
- Purchasing all supplies required during recovery, including bandages, pain medication and groceries before the surgery day
- Determining how you would be covering the cost of brow lift surgery
- Not eating or drinking anything since midnight following the surgery
- Not wearing contact lenses, make-up, or jewelry on the surgery day
- Have a friend, family member or someone responsible drive you to and from the surgical venue
What to Expect on the Surgery Day?
Brow lift surgery can be performed in an office-based facility, hospital, or an outpatient surgical center. The procedure doesn’t take more than 1 to 3 hours to complete.
- You will be administered medications so that you are comfortable during the procedure.
- Sedation with local anesthesia is commonly used during brow lift surgery. General anesthesia can be used as well in some cases.
- Various monitors will be used during the surgery to check your blood pressure, heart, pulse and the amount of oxygen in your blood.
Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for brow lift surgery.
Contact Houston, Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak:
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.322.7265 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.
Serving The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Katy, Friendswood, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, River Oaks, Piney Point, Hunters Creek, Memorial Close In, Bunker Hill, Southside Place, Afton Oaks, Tanglewood, Crestwoods and all other surrounding Greater Houston, Texas communities and more.