Forehead lift or brow lift cosmetic surgery procedure is generally performed using less invasive endoscopic technique with small incisions. The incisions are usually made in the scalp area where there is hair. However, it can also be made on the forehead in some cases. Long incision brow lift, or open brow lift, may be required if significant tissue correction or muscles are involved.
During the pre-operative consultation, your plastic surgeon will explain the procedure in detail. They will help you feel more confident and comfortable regarding the surgery. Brow lift procedure can be performed at an outpatient surgical center, surgeon’s office-based facility, or hospital. It may take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours to complete.
Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides brow lift surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Steps Involved in a Brow Lift Procedure
- If your brow lift is going to involve general anesthesia, your surgeon will require you to avoid eating or drinking for about eight hours prior to surgery.
- Sedation combined with local anesthesia is usually provided during a brow lift surgery. General anesthesia can be provided as well.
- Various monitors will be used to check your blood pressure, heart rate, pulse rate and oxygen levels during the surgery for your safety.
- A nurse anesthetist or an anesthesiologist will be there to administer general anesthetic or sedatives. They will constantly monitor you during the procedure.
- The cosmetic surgeon will follow the surgical approach discussed with you during the initial consultation. The surgeon may combine different techniques or change the approach during the surgery for ensuring best results. You should trust your doctor completely to make these decisions while performing the surgery.
- The surgical area will be cleaned, and sections of hair will be kept away
- Your surgeon will use stapes or stitches to close the incisions after removing excess skin, tissue and muscles. Your face and hair will be washed so that the scalp skin is not irritated.
- Sterile padding and an elastic bandage will be used for wrapping the treated area to prevent swelling and bleeding. You will have dressing and sutures on the forehead for a few days following the surgery. You will be taken to a recovery area following the surgery where you will be monitored closely.
- Medication can be used for controlling temporary discomfort at the surgical area. You can choose to spend the night with a nurse or an office consultant or go home on the day of the surgery. You will not be allowed to go home alone under any circumstance.
Recovery and Aftercare
Your surgeon will discuss the amount of time it will take before you can resume your regular activities. You or your caregiver will be given detailed instructions after the plastic surgery regarding post-op care.
They will be informed about:
- Incision care
- Normal symptoms
- Potential signs of complications
It is vital that all patient care instructions are followed. You should understand that recovery time is different for every patient. Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for brow lift surgery.
Contact Houston, Texas Plastic Surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak:
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.354.5145 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.
Serving The Woodlands, Sugar Land, Katy, Friendswood, Pearland, League City, Richmond, Spring, Humble, Kingwood, Stafford, Cypress, Fulshear, Missouri City, River Oaks, Piney Point, Hunters Creek, Memorial Close In, Bunker Hill, Southside Place, Afton Oaks, Tanglewood, Crestwoods and all other surrounding Greater Houston, Texas communities and more.