If the patient focuses on health and fitness and planning for thigh lift cosmetic surgery and recovery in the weeks ahead of the procedure, it can maximize their chances for excellent results.
The surgeon will offer suggestions and guidelines for preparation during the pre-operative consultation process.
A thigh lift is a major procedure, and the patient should follow the surgeon’s instructions in a dedicated manner and prepare well for the procedure. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides thigh lift to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding locations.
Steps Involved in Preparation for the Surgery
- Quit smoking and minimize drinking for a specified duration before the thigh lift surgery.
- Avoid taking specific drugs and supplements as instructed by the plastic surgeon.
- Clean the thigh area thoroughly to maintain skin health and reduce the risk of infection in this region. People with sagging thighs are at a higher risk.
- Stay properly hydrated, and take a balanced diet, with an increased intake of lean proteins to support post-surgical healing.
- Sleep properly in the days and weeks before the thigh lift and ensure that the body is well-rested.
- Follow a regular exercise regimen and maintain a stable body weight before the thigh lift surgery. The patient should maintain an active and balanced lifestyle after the procedure to ensure long term benefits of the surgical procedure.
- In case the surgeon orders imaging or lab tests, get these completed beforehand. These tests may be required to establish the candidacy of the patient and develop an individualized thigh lift surgery plan.
- Ask a friend or family member to provide aftercare for some days after the procedure. Emptying the drains routinely, taking prescribed drugs, and moving around with the home will be easier if the patient has someone to help them during the initial recovery phase.
- Request someone responsible to drive the patient back home after the thighplasty.
Preparation for Post-Surgical Recovery
The patient should make advance preparation for recovery, including buying supplies such as gauze and bandages, and compression garments. The surgical clinic may not provide you with everything you need. You should be prepared for any eventualities as well. There is nothing wrong with contingency planning.
Fill prescriptions for antibiotics, painkillers, anticoagulants, and any other medications that they may require to undergo and recover from the plastic surgery procedure.
It will be more challenging to arrange for drugs after the procedure, and no patient would want to wait for painkillers when they are feeling uncomfortable. In case the surgeon offers drugs at the office as a component of the surgical package, this step will not be necessary.
The patient should thoroughly understand the post-operative care guidelines from the surgeon or nurses. They should have clarity on all elements of these guidelines before they receive the thigh lift.
A Day Prior to the Surgery
For a minimum of eight hours before the surgery, the patient should not eat or drink anything. In addition, they should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing which can conveniently be worn and removed. Female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for thigh lift.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board-certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.354.5145 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.