Questions to Ask Your Breast Reduction Surgeon
Breast reduction cosmetic surgery will make the breast size more proportionate to the rest of the body, while also relieving the patient of discomfort in the back or neck that occurs due to oversized breasts.
A woman should focus on choosing a qualified and experienced breast surgeon and ask the right questions during the initial consultation process.
Once the candidate clearly understands the procedure and forms realistic expectations, she is likely to feel more satisfied with the final outcome. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides breast reduction to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding locations across the landscape.
Right Questions to Ask
Some of the vital questions that a patient should ask the surgeon prior to finalizing her breast reduction plastic surgery procedure include the following:
- Do you have a board certification in plastic surgery, and if yes, from which board?
- Have you received specialized training in the area of plastic surgery, and how many years of training and experience do you have?
- Where would my breast reduction surgery be performed, and do you have staff privileges at a surgery center or a hospital?
- Do you have previous experience in performing breast surgery, and what has been your success rate?
- Is your support staff properly trained and qualified?
- Do I make a suitable candidate for a breast reduction?
- Would you recommend liposuction, tummy tuck, breast lift or another procedure in conjunction with breast reduction in my case?
- What according to you would be an outstanding, average and poor outcome from a breast reduction surgery?
- Can you provide me with a few breast reduction before and after images of past patients?
- Can I talk to your staff members or have a brief office tour to learn more about this practice?
- Will you perform my breast reduction surgery using general or local anesthesia?
- Do you have a process in place to handle an emergency?
- Would you be personally accessible during all my visits to your office for this procedure?
- How long will the breast reduction surgery take inside the operating room?
- Which surgical technique would you recommend and what would be the incision placement for my procedure?
- Will I need to get any lab test and health clearances prior to the procedure?
- What are the potential risks and complications during or after a breast reduction?
- What should I expect during the post-op recovery?
The patient should frankly discuss the cost, insurance, payment and financing aspects with the surgeon during the consultation. She should review as many breast reduction before and after photos as possible to get a clear idea of what to expect from the surgery.
In case the patient feels the need for more information, she should ask for testimonials of previous patients to learn about their experience as well as review the surgeon’s practice website in detail. Committed female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas and other communities and neighborhoods in the illustrious state of Texas for breast reduction surgery.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.322.7265 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.