Mommy makeover is a major cosmetic surgery procedure, and the decision to undergo this procedure should only be made by the patient after due deliberation. She should proactively engage with the surgeon during the pre-operative consultation, and clarify any concerns and doubts before finalizing the decision.
Breasts, Belly, and Down Below – A Complete Mommy Makeover
Patients who make a well-thought out decision after full clarity will usually attain better satisfaction levels and will be able to appreciate the results better. The surgeon will encourage the patient to ask questions and will answer them in accurate details. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides mommy makeover to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding communities.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How long have you trained and how much is your actual experience in the field of plastic surgery?
- What is your success rate or patient satisfaction rate in cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures?
- Would you perform the procedure at a hospital or an accredited surgical center?
- Are you affiliated with one of the local hospitals?
- Is your practice equipped to handle any emergency that may arise during or after the surgery?
- Do you have a policy for revision procedures?
- Do you receive patients from Houston, Texas, and nearby areas for surgical and non-surgical procedures?
Questions about the Surgery
- Will I make a good candidate for mommy makeover surgery?
- What procedures would you suggest to include as part of my mommy makeover?
- Will you use the services of an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist for general anesthesia?
- How long would it take to complete the entire procedure?
- Will I require overnight stay at the surgery center?
- What kind of pre-operative preparation will I need to make?
- Can I get access to some of the mommy makeover before and after images to understand the expected results?
Questions about Recovery
- Is the recovery from mommy makeover going to be a painful experience?
- How many days of leave should I apply at my workplace?
- Are there any ways to expedite the recovery and make it simpler?
- What are the potential risks and complications that I should know of?
- How long will it take before I can return to my daily routine, including physical exercises?
Questions about Costs
- What would be the estimated cost of mommy makeover surgery?
- Does your price quote include the pre- and post-operative expenses?
- What will be the cost difference if the procedure is performed at a surgery center instead of a hospital?
- Will I have to pay additionally for post-surgical appointments?
- Can I receive some information and guidance about insurance and financing from your office?
If the patient is unclear about any answer of the surgeon, she should request for further clarification. The surgeon will make every effort to educate the patient on all aspects of mommy makeover and help her make a well-considered decision. Fantastic and proven female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Hustak provides mommy makeover and several other procedures for the breast, body, and face.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.322.7265 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.