Questions to Ask Your Tummy Tuck SurgeonPosted on October 20, 2017
For a major cosmetic surgery procedure such as tummy tuck, it is imperative that the candidate should have complete clarity about various aspects of the procedure.
At the same time, they should also have correct information about the professional credentials of the operating surgeon. A well-informed patient will be more confident about making a choice of the procedure and the practice.
A committed tummy tuck surgeon will address all the concerns and doubts of the patient in detail and help them make an informed decision. Patients in Houston, Texas and surrounding communities have an opportunity to receive cutting edge procedures such as tummy tuck from salient, dedicated, and board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak.
Questions about the Surgeon
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How long have you trained and worked in the field of plastic surgery?
- Do you have previous experience in performing body contouring procedures such as tummy tuck?
- Which surgical venue would you choose for my tummy tuck plastic surgery?
- Do you have hospital privileges at a local hospital or an accredited surgery center?
- Will your office be able to handle an emergency, should it arise during or after the surgery?
- Do you perform revision surgeries, in case the primary procedure does not meet its goals?
- Which other types of surgical and non-surgical aesthetic procedures to you perform?
Questions about Tummy Tuck
- Do I make a solid candidate for tummy tuck?
- Are there any tummy tuck surgical techniques that are less invasive?
- Will I need to do any specific preparation prior to the surgery?
- Would you use general or local anesthesia and sedation to perform my tummy tuck?
- Will you work with an anesthesiologist or a registered anesthetic nurse?
- Will I have to stay overnight at the hospital after the surgery?
- How long will it take to recover after the surgery?
- Are there any potential risks and side effects in this procedure?
- Can I review a few tummy tuck before and after images of past patients?
Questions about the Sticker Price
- How much will it cost me to undergo tummy tuck surgery?
- Is the cost inclusive of anesthesia and operating venue financial stipulations?
- What will be the cost of post-surgical recovery expenses, such as office visits, compression garments, medical tests, and prescription meds?
- Will it be more cost-effective overall if I combine tummy tuck with other surgical procedures?
- Can the costs of tummy tuck be covered by health insurance under any circumstances?
- Will your office be able to guide me about any financing options? Should I talk to my financial advisor about this? Should I seek some financial help to help me with this decision?
The patient should decide about tummy tuck surgery only once they are satisfied with the surgeon’s answers to their questions and they have a meaningful discussion that garners trust.
Trust and open communication between the patient and the surgeon will make a vital difference to the final outcome in any major cosmetic procedure. Board certified female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas and other communities and neighborhoods across the landscape for tummy tuck surgery.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713.322.7265 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.