Your Breast Reduction Consultation
A breast reduction cosmetic surgery procedure is designed to decrease the size of the breasts and reshape them to make them more proportional to the rest of the body.
During the pre-op consultation, the patient will get a chance to discuss her medical and aesthetic concerns with the surgeon with regard to her oversized breasts. Board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak provides breast reduction surgery to patients in Houston, Texas, and surrounding communities.
The surgeon will evaluate the patient as a breast reduction surgery candidate. They will inform the patient about the benefits and limitations of a breast reduction surgery. After the surgeon understands the patient’s goals, they will recommend the appropriate breast reduction technique, and may sometimes suggest additional plastic surgery procedures such as liposuction, breast lift, or tummy tuck.
The plastic surgeon will assess, measure, and take pictures of the patient’s breasts for their medical record. They will determine:
- The present shape and size of the breasts
- The breast shape and size that the patient desires
- The amount and quality of the patient’s breast tissue
- The quality of the patient’s skin
- The placement of the areolas and nipples
The patient should be ready to discuss her health history during the breast reduction pre-op consultation. This will include:
- Drug allergies and current medical condition
- Past surgeries including breast biopsies
- Past and present medical history
- Current mammogram outcomes
- Family history of breast cancer
- Medical treatments received by the patient
The patient should inform the surgeon if she plans to lose a significant amount of weight. The surgeon can suggest that the patient stabilize her weight before a breast reduction surgery.
The patient should also discuss pregnancy plans for the future with the surgeon. Pregnancy can change the shape and size of breasts unpredictably. This can impact the results of the breast reduction procedure.
The surgeon will design a treatment plan according to the patient’s unique goals, physical attributes, and their own training and experience. They will share the following suggestions and information with the patient:
- The approach for the breast reduction procedure including the technique or combination of techniques that may be used
- The results that the patient can expect
- The financial implications of this surgery
- Risks and complications inherent to the procedure
- Alternatives for anesthesia and surgical venues
- Preparations for the surgery
- Information on the recovery period
Questions to Ask the Surgeon
The patient should freely ask questions to the surgeon during the consultation. The surgeon will address their questions and concerns so that they can make an informed decision.
Furthermore, the patient should ask openly about the financial implications of the breast reduction procedure. They can also enquire about the guidance that the surgeon’s office can offer regarding financing options and insurance.
Testimonials and Images
The patient may be shown before and after breast reduction photos of former patients during the initial consultation so that they can develop realistic expectations. The patient can request the surgeon to show testimonials of former patients of a breast reduction surgery who have offered feedback.
Experienced female cosmetic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak receives patients from Houston, Texas and other towns and cities in this amazing state of Texas for breast reduction surgery.
For more information on procedures and treatments provided by board certified female plastic surgeon Dr. Kristi Hustak please call us to schedule a consultation at 713-799-9999 or click here. Offices in Houston, Texas.